måndag 2 februari 2015

Plans for Historical Sew Montly 2015

I plan to participate in the Historical Sew Monthly 2015 challenge. I have been wanting to do it last years, and now that it is monthly I will give it a try.

My plan for the first half of challenges is (but will most likely change along the way):

January – Foundationsmake something that is the foundation of a period outfit.
As I had just started with making an 1905 costume, this suited very well: I made a corset and corset cover.

February – Colour Challenge Blue: Make an item that features blue, in any shade from azure to zaffre.
This will be an overskirt for my 1886 dress, in a very dark blue pinstripe wool that I have been hoarding a while for something like that.

 March – Stashbusting: Make something using only fabric, patterns, trims & notions that you already have in stash.
Probably the petticoat for the 1905 skirt, from an old bed sheet with lace in.

April – War & Peace: the extremes of conflict and long periods of peacetime both influence what people wear.  Make something that shows the effects of war, or of extended peace.
I made a female version of a uniform from 1886, (not entirely historical...) but I would like some more details on it so this might be an opportunity to get that done.

May – Practicality:  Fancy party frocks are all very well, but everyone, even princesses, sometimes needs a practical garment that you can DO things in.  Create the jeans-and-T-Shirt-get-the-house-clean-and-garden-sorted outfit of your chosen period.
 The blouse for the 1905 costume, as it will be based on what a woman working in an  office could have worn.

June – Out of Your Comfort Zone: Create a garment from a time period you haven’t done before, or that uses a new skill or technique that you’ve never tried before. 
Maybe fixing the odd wrinkling on my 1770 dress - I have made it last year but am still a bit scared of the silk it's made from, so it's definitly not in my comfort zone.

 July – Accessorize: The final touch of the right accessory creates the perfect period look.  Bring an outfit together by creating an accessory to go with your historical wardrobe.
1770 hat? Fichu?

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar